Saturday, August 30, 2008

My Son


I find it fun to reflect on the times when my children were small. I have a 20 year old son who is serving a mission in Russia. So I think of him often because I miss him. I shared in a funny experience with him when he was 3 years old. we had just moved from Florida to Utah so we were staying in my parents basement apartment, until we could find a home of our own. It was a fun experience for all of us. My children had lived in Florida for 5 years and never really got to know their grandparents. So my sons favorite thing to do was run upstairs and climb in bed with his grandparents early in the morning. One morning he found a balloon and ran it upstairs so his grandfather could blow it up. We had purchased the balloons earlier to have fun with them. They were the little long balloons that people make shapes out of. Those of you who know about those balloons they are extremely hard to blow up. When my son came downstairs we were playing with the balloons trying to blow them up. He looked like he had seen a ghost, and he said don't ever ask grandpa to blow up a balloon. We asked him, why? After questioning him he proceeded to tell us the story. His eyes became very large and his expression was so cute as he said, Grandpa tried and tried to blow up the balloon I brought him and suddenly his teeth went flying out. I'd forgotten about my fathers false teeth. I couldn't help but laugh. I think my son was frighten for us all trying to blow up those balloons.

No comments:

Post a Comment