Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Family

When my children were all small, we lived in Orlando. My children enjoyed it there and have many fond memories of living there. I remember a particular time when we were invited to a birthday party. The birthday party was for a member of my husbands brothers family. Unfortunately it was on Sunday. Sunday is the Lord's day and we like to keep it holy, so we don't shop on Sunday. Our Van was out of gas, so I told my husband that we better not go. He said, you don't need to worry about this we will make it there and back. It is important to be there for our family. They are important to us and we need to keep a good relationship with family. I got all of our children ready and we jumped into the Van. Now you have to understand that this family lived 45 minutes from where we lived. So we as a family said a prayer before we left, that we would make it to our destination and back home and that we would be safe. We drove the distance and had a great time with family. We started back. Just as we got to the turn off into our neighborhood we ran out of gas. We all climbed out of the Van and walked the couple of blocks home. My husband got up in the morning and walked to our little service station which was almost by our Van and got gas for the Van. I have often thought of this experience and realized what a great example to his children my husband is. I will ever be grateful for him and this wonderful experience. Our prayers were answered and a miracle happened. The Lord truly loves his children, and wants us to keep good relationships with our families. They are important.

No comments:

Post a Comment