Thursday, June 7, 2018

Time has gone bye and I need to write.  My little grandson Wyatt was diagnosed with Leukemia April 31st' He has been at Primary Children's Hospital since the 2nd of May. We have not been to the hospital as many times as we would like to be. Chrissy has been by Wyatt's side since he was diagnosed.  Chrissy's Mom has been there with her most of the time. It is nice for her to have the support of her Mother. I know that Michael has been there a lot.  But he has to go to work to help support the family, and he feels like he needs to be with his other 5 children.  So he spends a lot of time traveling.  Frank has been up to give Wyatt a blessing twice.  Each time he went up it was because Wyatt had a fever that was concerning.The first time Wyatt had a high fever was on a Sunday Mike was in Fairview with his other children, so he called his Dad to the rescue. He took Derrick with him to help give Wyatt a blessing. They made it back in time for Priesthood meeting, but little Wyatt did get a blessing.  He is a little touchy,  because I think he is poked and given so much medication in the hospital that when he can say no to something he will, plus he is a very tender little guy because all he has been through.  He wouldn't let them give him a blessing.  So they gave the blessing though Chissy to Wyatt. What a great wonderful blessing that those two wonderful men hold the priesthood and they can go and give a blessing when they are called to do so. I'm grateful for the wonderful men in this family, who can help out.

Karalee has been an angel where Chrissy is concerned.  She has been trying to take her to dinner or anything she can do to give Chrissy a break from the hospital. I know that Chrissy wants to stay by her son and has a hard time leaving him.  If it was my child I would be the same.

The family has been amazing.  We were all able to go to SLC and share in supper with Chrissy.  It was fun to see her and talk about Wyatt for a little while. It was nice to see her get a little relief form the hospital. I'm sure at times she would just like to grab Wyatt and run.



No comments:

Post a Comment