Monday, February 3, 2020

November 3rd 2018 Wish foundation

It has been a very emotional last two weeks.  Little Wyatt went back to live with his Heavenly Father on the 20th of October at 6:09 in the morning.  It was so hard to watch Mike and Chrissy and family go through this hard, hard thing. I was notified on Wednesday that Mike was going to Logan to get a colt so Wyatt could ride.  Chrissy got a call from President Oaks telling Chrissy and Mike that they needed to set some goals.  He said when his wife was diagnosed with cancer in 2000. Her number one goal was to see her last child married.  Her wedding was in 2 months.  He said she lived to see that all happen before she left this earth. So Mike and Chrissy set some goals and decided they needed to get a pony because that was something Wyatt really wanted, so they got the pony, brought it home and let Wyatt ride it. The ride only lasted a few minutes, but he loved it. On Thursday I got a phone call and was told if I wanted to see Wyatt one last time I needed to come to his home.  Derrick and Jennifer had planned to go out and put lights on his home, so he could have one last Christmas with the family.  So Derrick drove me out to Fairview. When we got there Mike, Chrissy and little Wyatt were no where to be found. The children were there with Brother and Sister Mckinney. So with the children running around us Derrick started to put lights up. I watched the children why their other grandparents went inside the house to wrap presents. It took Derrick a long time. Lights are not easy. I kind of helped him by holding the lights once in a while for him. Mike and Chrissy took Wyatt back to the hospital he was having a really rough time. The hospital was putting more platelets in Wyatts body. He needed to have a few hours just to share in Christmas with his family. Phillip and Frank were on a job 9 hours away.  Mike had called me earlier and told me to call his Dad.  He needed him home, I didn't even began to know how serious Wyatt was until that phone call. So I called Frank in tears and told him he needed to come home. Here I was at the Craven household taking care of the Craven children knowing that things with Wyatt didn't look promising.  How could I help ease the pain that this family had to go through. I am just a person and can't even began to take this experience away. They have to go through it and all I can do is watch. So scarey and at the same time a total and complete nightmare.  The only one that can understand and help ease the burden is one that knows and has been through everything. That is Jesus Christ our elder brother.

Chrissy and Mike finally arrived at home. Chrissy carried Wyatt into the house. I could tell he wasn't doing well. Chrissy carried him in the house as though he were a glass doll. And at this point that is what he was, so fragile. She carried him into the front-room on the couch. It was getting later in the day and they as a family needed to get Christmas going. Wyatt had gone earlier to buy each of the children a Christmas present.  He wanted to make sure everyone had one. Chrissy held him to try and keep him going. I could tell he was extremely weak. She kept loving him and asking him if he were in pain. It hurt me to watch them, how do you take all the hurt and pain away and make it OK. All the children opened their presents. They received a beautiful big egg. They could each rub the egg and a beautiful baby chick would pop out. Such a great gift.  Some of the eggs broke open sooner than others. Some were big eggs, some were small. Wyatt's was a big egg and it took a little longer to crack open. He was becoming frustrated and so was Chrissy. It was such a fun gift for Wyatt to give all his siblings, but it would have been nice for each egg to crack open at the same time. They were very cute chicks.

Frank and Phillip finally arrived, when I saw them I started to cry. Michael embraced his father and just cried. Soon Phillip walked up, Frank let go of Michael and Michael and Phillip embraced. I don't think I have ever been so emotional.  They would not let each other go! It was an experience I will never forget. For a few minutes they felt each others pain and nothing could get in the way of that love and concern. I hurt so bad! But my sons and their father were their to support each other in this most difficult time. Miracles had happened and they made it home after a drive. I can't even imagine what we would do without family! What our lives would be like if we didn't have each other to support us when we need each other so desperately. In Chrissy and Mike's hours of their own Gethsemane, when pain is so bad that they would like to give up and die. Their hearts could be ripped right out and they couldn't be in more pain. Our hearts certainly are hurting desperately for Mike and Chrissy right now. We will miss little Wyatt so much, but we can't even began to imagine what Mike and Chrissy are going through.

Christmas continued. The children opened many gifts. A lot came from Wyatt! Wyatt received many gifts as well. It was as though he would still be there in the morning. It was a wonderful experience to watch. Jennifer came with her family and so did Tamara.  They had made beautiful Paw-patrol pajamas for everyone. (Wyatt's absolute favorite.) They had bought just the right material, they were incredible. They didn't stay long at all, just long enough for Charlotte to walk over and see Wyatt, and talk to him for a few minutes. Kimberly had put everything together for the Christmas stockings that Jennifer and Tamara brought. They also made rolls, they bought chicken from Costco, plus grapes. Just some simple stuff that Mike and Chrissy could throw together to be able to feed the family. But I am sure at such a hard time no one wants to eat anything.

My children have been incredible through Wyatt's whole sickness. I couldn't be more proud of them.  They have certainly been there when they needed to be. They love Mike and Chrissy and their sweet children. It has been extremely hard for them to watch this family suffer so much. Many prayers, fasting, going to the temple. doing whatever was asked of them through texts, they are amazing. I love them and I am sure Chrissy and Mike are so grateful for family.

Back to Christmas, the family enjoyed all the presents they received and continued to thank Wyatt and give him hugs. I could tell that Wyatt was wearing down.  I am sure drugs kept him going. He couldn't take the noise any more, so Chrissy took him in to her bed. The people from the wish foundation soon came with Santa, they brought a big trash bag full of toys for each child. I stayed out of the room until each child was called in the room separately Then I made sure the gifts were brought in. Frank stayed in the room and filmed everything. It was fun to walk in the room and see Wyatt get so excited to watch his brothers and sisters get fun presents. He would smile with them and get excited. Ellie fell fast asleep before she got her turn. It had been a long night.  Chrissy asked Wyatt if he wanted to open Ellie's presents or some more of his own, but he did not.  He was totally and completely worn out. Soon everyone left the room except Mike and Chrissy.  Frank and I stayed out on the couch together. At about 1 o'clock Mike came out of the room and asked Frank and I if we wanted to say good-bye to our sweet grandson Wyatt. Mike had released him back to our Heavenly Father. My heart sunk, what could I possible say to this little boy that I loved so much, that I would never see on this earth again. I walked into the room and found a little boy looking so perfect and beautiful and peaceful. He glowed. I didn't want to leave this very precious moment. For just one moment I say and felt heaven.  Such an incredible spirit in the room. But I knew the rest of the night was Mike and Chrissy''s.  This was their child and they needed to be alone for the next few hours, with their sweet angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment