Monday, June 9, 2014

June 2nd 2014

My sweet mother in law died on April 10th.  Her funeral was on April the 16th.  On April the 13th my children were taking down my parents willow tree.  Benje and Michael decided that it would be a good thing to do.  Everyone was in town including all my children, grandma's funeral will to be on Tuesday.  As evening approached it looked beautiful out side.The boys had done an incredible job taking down each branch, there was one branch left.  A large C-clip was thrown up over the tree branch.  It got stuck. Now you have got to understand this is up in the air 20 feet or more.  So the boys started to pull on it because they couldn't climb up and get it. Unfortunately my husband was standing in the wrong place. He was watching his nephews having fun on a 4 wheeler.  This was Curtis's children. Luckily he had turned his head back around to look forward when a huge blunt instrument hit him right above his left eye and across his forehead. It took him down like a fallen soldier, right in the middle of the road.  He said it felt like a freight train just hit him. Everyone was screaming.  I was standing on the front pouch watching Curtis's children, I am just so grateful that I wasn't watching what happened. A neighbor of ours saw it as well and he came over to see what he could do to help. He is a primary teacher of mine and his name is Brother Shurard. Anyway my husband of course acted very independent and he was going to go upstairs to look at it.  He came back to the stairs and sat down, after making a quick dash to the bathroom from outside. I told him he needed to go to the hospital, he consented. Michelle and Michael put him in Michelle's van and took off. Michael had the police follow him all the way and were extremely anger at him. I think Frank was going it to shock and that concerned Michael more than the police.  They followed him right to the hospital and gave him the 3rd degree.  Mike explained to them what had happened, they really didn't care. Frank even tried to stand up for him. Michelle ushered him in to the hospital. I guess Michael finally talked his way out of it and went inside the hospital. Of course I followed behind, after getting my self under control. By the time I got there, they were ready to stitch him up. Everyone left and I was there alone to hold my husbands hand and watch as the doctors took over and stitched him up for it seemed like hours.  I kept asking him if he was in pain. He said, "No", which I thought was incredible. It certainly severed his nerve which I thought was sad but to have no pain was incredible.  They took a cat-scan and said there were a lot of little pieces of bone floating around and it could cause him to go permanently blind. So they have scheduled two surgeries. One for the nose area and on above the eye.  When it is all said and done it will cost us about 14 thousand dollars. Such a difficult time especially when he has to speak at his mother's funeral on Tuesday and then he goes in for surgery on Thursday. I am just grateful he is alive and that he turned his head just at the right time.  If he had not he would have been killed

No comments:

Post a Comment