Sunday, July 6, 2014
JULY 5th 2014
I am so grateful that I got to go to the stadium of fire last night with my family. It was not at all like past years. I felt as though they have lost a lot of the wonderful patriotism that they have had in the past, but to be there with my family was a treat. I felt like the fireworks and the music at the end were incredible .I don't think I have seen such wonderful fireworks. There were so many. But besides that I am so grateful to live in the United States of America, in Utah where we are striving to live the gospel of Jesus Christ. It was so fun to be a part of a large family growing up. I remember the fun we use to have. The fireworks we use to watch up on the big hill in Oakley. The rodeo we use to go too. I am grateful for the memories I have with my own children. Especially I am grateful to have married in such a wonderful family. Because each one of my children have grown up with a wonderful example of how to pattern their lives. They don't even have to question what is right and wrong, they have had wonderful examples through out their growing years. Something I prayed for my whole life, to have an amazing extended family. And I certainly was blessed with that blessing. I was hoping throughout my life that I would never have to live with or rely on my in laws but I did. I miss them so much and yet I know they are right there helping me as they always have been. Kimberly made mention of one of the songs that Carrie Underwood sang at the Sadium of Fire and it reminded her of her grandfather. It was amazing, I hope that we all make choices that Mom and Dad Craven would be proud for us to make. I am certainly trying a little harder.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment