Thursday, May 15, 2008

COOKIN' WITH KIDS


I love to cook with my little girl. I know that it takes a little more patients to cook with your children. However, I think that the bond you acquire in the process is well worth the sacrifice. Last night I told my daughter if she would calm down and go to bed, we would make cookies in the morning together. She awoke exclaiming, "It's time to make cookies!" We went into the kitchen and I rumaged for a healthy cookie to make with her. Instead I came across a recipe from an old neighborhood cookbook that intrigued me called "Bishop's Favorite Cookies." I said to myself, "Self, if a bishop thought they were good, they must be GOOD, because Bishop's have celestial tastbuds." I stood by my daughter as she went to cracking eggs, pouring in more than enough sugar, and extra dabs of vanilla. At they end of the process I realized the recipe was donated by a lady named Debbie Bishop, not a Bishop. However, this lady may have some heavenly tastbuds of her own. I enjoyed every minute of making and eating these cookies with my little girl. I will include the recipe below.

Bishop's Favorite Cookies

1C brown sugar
1C white sugar
1C butter
2 eggs
1T vanilla

Cream well, then add:

2C flour
2tsp baking soda
1 1/2tsp baking powder

Add:
1C oats
1C coconut
1C Rice Krispies
1C crasins, rasins, or chocolate chips

Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

Enjoy with a tall glass of milk. Remember, cookies made with your daughter or son are always good for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment