Monday, May 5, 2008

TOILET SWIRLIES


My twins are 15 years old. They think they know everything about life. Unfortunately, like the rest of us, you think you know and then as you go through life you realize you really don't know anything at all.

When they were little they enjoyed getting into any mischief they could. I enjoyed the simple little cute things they did. Today I was recalling one such "thing." One day they were both in the bathroom laughing. The unexpected enthusiasm made me nervous. I went running down the hall not knowing what to expect. There they were in the bathroom giving each other swirlies. Now, for those of you who don't know what a swirly is, I will explain it very simply. One person dunks their head in the toilet while the other flushes. Then they trade places. Yes you guessed it their heads are drenched with their hair pointing heavenward like a twist cone.(For the life of me I will never know where they came up with this crazy scheme.) They were under the impression that this procedure made them beautiful. They came out of the bathroom feeling like they were princesses. Through the toddler years I learned to deal with a lot of things. Luckily, when they did their swirlies I never encountered anything in the toilet.

I just hope that as they start in their dating years, I can say,"Swirlies were the craziest mischief they ever got into!"

No comments:

Post a Comment