
I attended a parent teacher conference for my twins yesterday. It was interesting to walk around the school and see people I recognized. Some were standing in the dreaded long lines where you find yourself waiting for a teacher that has entirely to much to say. Then there were others standing in the pleasent short lines with a teacher that explains they are there to get business taken care of and get people out fast. Inspite of all the crazy going on... I did get to stop and chat with wonderful people I have known and haven't seen forever. I ran into this incredible neighbor and she was crying. I asked her if everything was alright. She explained this is her last child and her last parent teacher conference. She said how much she is going to miss coming to the high school and supporting her children. This reminded me of a song written by Trace Adkins called "You're gonna miss this." If you want to hear it you can easily find a version on YouTube. This is the best version I found. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SAFk0j-f4c I just think appreciating every phase of life, even those long lines at a parent teacher conference, is one of the most important things we can do as mothers because life is just too short.
No comments:
Post a Comment