Monday, March 16, 2009

Independent

I have a daughter who has always been very independent. She can fix any problem and for the most part doesn't rely on family to help her. We find out days later some of the things she does and most of the time I feel like she doesn't need us. But every once in awhile she will break down and cry and release some of her frustrations. I love to share in those special moments. One time when she was small she had a problem with her foot. She never told me about it and claimed that it didn't hurt. She came home from school one day and I noticed she was limping a little. I told her to take off her shoe and let me see what was going on. She did and I about died. She had a half of a toothpick stuck in her foot and there was a red line going part way up her leg. Her foot was definitely infected. I pushed on it and the tooth pick shot out with a bunch of infection. That is how I knew it was a toothpick. I said, "Young Lady what were you thinking, you should have told me." She of course didn't know anything was that wrong. Well we soaked it in Epsom salts for a couple of days at different times, and she was better in no time. This child has a high pain tolerance. For a mother that is a tough thing. We love her and wish she would share more.

No comments:

Post a Comment