I marvel at how much little kids imaginations can be so real. I was talking to my granddaughter on the phone today. She was telling me all about her fairy princess. They were jumping on the bed with her. They had strawberries and were throwing them. We hid under the table together to get away from the vacuum. She went on and on about these fairies about Tinkerbell and Tinkerbell in Peter Pan. She was laughing so hard at times you couldn't hear what she was saying. Then she went silent for about 5 minutes. I kept asking where she was, then she said, "Grandma I am going to call you all the time." I said, "you are." She said, "Yes because I love you very much". I couldn't help but be a little shocked, because it came out of no where. Its at moments like this that a Grandmother feels like her day is actually really worth being who she is, and being a part of her grand children's lives.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Can We Be So Lucky
I marvel at how much little kids imaginations can be so real. I was talking to my granddaughter on the phone today. She was telling me all about her fairy princess. They were jumping on the bed with her. They had strawberries and were throwing them. We hid under the table together to get away from the vacuum. She went on and on about these fairies about Tinkerbell and Tinkerbell in Peter Pan. She was laughing so hard at times you couldn't hear what she was saying. Then she went silent for about 5 minutes. I kept asking where she was, then she said, "Grandma I am going to call you all the time." I said, "you are." She said, "Yes because I love you very much". I couldn't help but be a little shocked, because it came out of no where. Its at moments like this that a Grandmother feels like her day is actually really worth being who she is, and being a part of her grand children's lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'd have to admit. I'm kind of jealous of the grandma relationship you have with that little Sierra. She will never love anyone as much as grandma. Love Mom!
ReplyDelete