Monday, February 2, 2009
Happy Days
I have heard lately that I concentrate a little to much on my grandchildren and not my children. It is just that being a grandmother is so fun. A lot of things I see in my grand children are the same things that my children use to do. I just can't remember that far back. But one of the highlights of my life in December was attending my oldest daughters wedding. I knew when she got married I would be pretty emotional, and that is because she was 32 before that great day came about. She got a fantastic young man who truly loves her and that is all a mother can ask for. She was my first and thus my training daughter. She trained me to be a mother. I wasn't perfect but I did the best I could. So I am just extremely grateful that through all of my children's patience I can rejoice in being a better grandmother than I was a mother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mom! Thanks for taking a break from writing about your grandkids. I love that you wrote about me! BUT you need to know that you are a fabulous, selfless, sacrificing, patient mother. I know I was a brat of a teenager and a difficult young adult, but at no time was this a reflection of your mothering. I realize everyday how lucky I am to call you "mom". I aspire to be you! I love you.
ReplyDelete