Wednesday, July 6, 2011

May 26th Thursday

Lisa did a beautiful job quilting the quilt.  It was all finished when I got home from work today.  I was so grateful that it was done.  I had a class today on Dehydration.  Every time I do this class it isn't easy.  It takes a lot of preparation at home. Dehydration and more dehydration.  I made beef jerky and dehydrated a dot of vegetables so I could blend them together to show everyone how to do soups with the left overs from your garden.  I dehydrate green peppers, zucchini and yellow squash.  I also do onions and tomato's if I have them.  What ever I have I use.  I grind them all up and then add a couple of tbsp. to my soups.  It is a great way to use up any extra things in your garden.  Anyway we had a great class.   I also dehydrated some fruit and fruit leather. But when I arrived home it was time to get busy and do the quilt with the activity day girls.  I quickly cleaned up what needed to be cleaned and then prepared for the girls.  I was so glad Lisa was here to help me because it isn't easy teaching young girls how to bind a quilt.  Some girls did an awesome job, but others made a real mess.  After they all left I fixed the quilt.  Now Tammy can take the quilt with the girls to deliver them to Sister Eshelman for her little baby boy. It was fun to teach the girls a new skill.  I makes me understand that we all need a little experience behind us, when it comes to being a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment