Monday, June 27, 2011

May 24th Tuesday

I have had a crazy day today.  There was a class at the Bosch Kitchen Center once again. I was glad that it wasn't me doing the class.  I've got to get home right after work to check on my house being clean so that the Activity girls can come over.

I needed to do some touch up on my home.  The main level at least needed to be clean.  The sewing machines were down on the table, they just weren't hooked up.  I went to the sewing room and got some scrapes so that I could practice with the girls before they began to sew on the quilt.  All I wanted was for them to be able to sew in a straight line.  It was an interesting experience to watch them sew.  Some took a long time on a lot of scrapes to finally get the straight line straight.  Others caught on pretty fast, but others took a lot of time to finally get the sewing right.  But we got the quilt done and it looks great.  I am impressed that all those little activity girls would learn how to sew just for there activity day leader.  She will be plenty impressed with the great looking quilt.  I have been adding on some strips so that the front will be the same length as the back.  I will need to get some batting for the middle and have it done by Thursday, so that we can have another activity day.  Lisa decided to quilt the blanket on the sewing machine because it is such a cute quilt.  We do not want to tie it because you will not see how cute it is.  So she will sew it while I am at work.  Once I get it all put together.  I have been working on it since the activity day girls left.  I am excited about it,  it looks so good.  I will get it finished tonight, so Lisa can sew the lines and then I and the girls will sew all the edges together.

No comments:

Post a Comment