Sunday, September 4, 2011
August 21st Sunday
Today has been a great day. I made rolls last night and I woke up this morning to 9 eaten by the dog. I needed them all for sharing time, so I was a little concerned. But once again the Lords tender mercies were with me. I had just exactly enough rolls for all the children in primary. My lesson was on The Word of Wisdom. I explained to all the children the commandments we must follow when obeying the word of wisdom. Then we talked about the promises that the Lord gives to us if we obey the word of wisdom. We are suppose to eat fruits, vegetables, grains, and meats sparingly. The promises are many, health in the naval, marrow in the bones, run and not be weary, walk and not faint. We found all this in the Doctrine and Covenants in section 89. I had gathered a bunch of vegetables and fruits, then I showed all of them. Plus I gathered all kinds of different grains and explained how wonderful each one was and what they did. I brought a loaf of 16 grain bread and made a whole wheat roll for every one in the Primary. We had just enough. It turned out great. The Stake Primary Presidency were visiting and at first I was nervous, but by the second hour everything ran smoothly. After primary they said we would like to come to all your sharing times. At least I felt like it all turned out OK and I was certainly Thankful to the Lord. When I arrived home Kim and Tam were making 110 scones for there dinner with the single adult ward. Another little tender mercy was that Kim accidentally poured in 6 cups of water into her batch of scones when the recipe only called for 5. We got exactly 112 scones, we would have never made it had Kim not added 1 extra cup of water to the recipe. The Lord certainly had his hands in our life today. We had a great meal today. It was a family meal and everyone contributed. It was a wonderful day for all of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment