Wednesday, September 7, 2011

September 5th Monday

Today is Labor Day.  I have the day off and all of my children do except 1.   So we had an early barbecue.  It was wonderful.  We had great hamburgers with onion and mushrooms sauteed over it.  We also had a great guacamole.  We had cheese, lettuce and tomato's on it as well.  We had some watermelon, great chips and some drinks.  I wish I could say we played games and had fun.  But I spent the entire day on the mountain, finding berries for my jam class tomorrow.  I found 3 varieties of potawatomi plums.  I found yellow ones, red ones and purple one.  I also found some great plums that were big and almost green, but the flesh inside was red.  They made beautiful juice.  If you want to know more go to my other blog,  16andme.blogspot.com.  It will show you the great jams and jellys that I made in preparation for tomorrow's jam class.  At any rate I worked all day long on this class.  I made raspberry jam out of green tomato's that I had to pick.  I made plum jelly out of beets that I picked then washed and peeled, after cutting them up and cooking them I used the juice to make grape jelly.  I also made apple jelly out of apple juice and cranapple jelly out of crab apples.  I worked hard, and of course this has been a busy pre-day with no rewards.  I guess I do it out of the love of finding new things.  It has certainly been a crazy day.  I hope that tomorrow goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment