Today has been a day of reflection. Sister Ruby Stratton passed away and we attended the funeral today. It was a beautiful funeral. It brought me to tears many times. I remember back when I was pregnant with Emily. I had a horrible cold and I couldn't seem to get rid of it. I had it for months. I even rapped my ribs because I was in so much pain. Every time I coughed I doubled over. It was terrible. I went to the fruit stand. Sister Stratton heard me cough. She insisted on giving me some liquid vitamins. I think they were a Shakley product I don't know, but she told me they would help make me get better. I know they were at least 20 dollars but that is just Ruby, she cared about everyone. She insisted that I take it, she will never know how much that meant to me, and she was right with in a week I was well. She was a miracle for me.
I went there many times to pick up my daughters from work, because 2 of my daughters worked for her at different times. She would always give us something. Some fruit or a fresh gallon of apple juice. It was amazing because I always walked out of there with something. She insisted on me taking some juice to my parents, or she would give me a deal on fruit. I will miss her greatly. I miss the fruit stand and the wonderful surprise bags that we bought for our children there. When my children would walk to the fruit stand for a surprise bag I was grateful, I knew who would be there, the lady with the sweet smile and always a kind word. We will miss our dear friend!!!!!! Good-bye, Sister Stratton. As the song said at the funeral today. God be with you till we meet again!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment