Wednesday, September 14, 2011

September 14th Wednesday

Sometimes in our lives we find ourselves searching for answers and they come.  I was reading in Ensign tonight and came across something that I thought was incredible. It is a story about a man that felt bad throughout his life because he was heavy and received a lot of teasing.  He has learned to deal with it since he is married now and has a couple of children.  He read his scriptures and drew closer to the Lord and has understood what forgiveness is all about.  There is some amazing information in this story but a couple of words that I read in it has really made a lot of sense to me and I probably haven't thought about it before. There is this statement that this man suddenly realized.  "It wasn't how people treated me, it was my response to that treatment that determined the outcome of my life. " What an amazing thing to think about. When we study the gospel on a daily bases we view ourselves and others through spiritual eyes, then become more tolerable and forgiving of others imperfections. But we learn to love ourselves as well and then we can become who we need to become.

I worked all day today.  I have a dehydration class in the morning and I have been getting ready for that class.  At least I was at the store today to do it.  I actually got paid for all I did.  But it has been an exhausting day.  I had a Primay Presidency Meeting tonight as well.  My day has certainly been full.  I am glad that tomorrow is another day, but a busy day as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment