Saturday, September 3, 2011
August 5th Friday
We have certainly enjoyed our day at the Ranch. We have had a fun day today/ Everyone decided to go up to the 5th pond for water activities. So a few of us stayed back to watch the little kids. Jennifer and I had a lot of fun. We made a slip and slide and slide down a hill. Jennifer was taking the kids down. It was so cute. Colton and Katie had so much fun. Emma and Sierra joined in and and tried to help Tessie, but she always wanted to go herself. We put soap at the top of the slide and made it super slipper. Tyler was concerned about the cold at first and then he really got into the slide. Jennifer and Phillip went down a lot with the little kids. It was so hot and yet the children stayed cool in the water and had a blast.They were laughing so hard. It was so fun to watch. Phillip and Jennifer made their day. I had the baby so I couldn't join in the fun, but it was fun to be on the side lines and cheer. Frank and I went for a ride on the 4-wheeler to see some antelope. We saw a buck, 5 females and twin babies. The day was spent talking, eating, helping with meals and experiencing our own fun. Lisa and her family arrived and it was so good to see them. Nate went fishing on the river and caught 4 fish for our fish taco's tonight. He loves fish, so he wouldn't kill them, he put them in the sink with some water. By the time Kim and I got there they were all dead. We cleaned them all because all the men went on a 5 hour horse ride. It was bad for them all to leave because we needed their help, but Kim and I knew we could do it. We didn't have enough fish so Nate caught us 3 more fish. Benje killed them and cleaned them for us. I fillet them all, it was great, but a lot of hard work. I was grateful Benje was there to help, because Nate will catch the fish but that is as far as he will go. I think he loves the fish. The dinner with the fish taco's was amazing. I know some of my children thought we worked way to hard for the dinner, but it was amazing. The men did arrive back from their horse ride in time to eat our great meal. But the men were so tired they didn't even watch the movie we had prepared for the evening. We watched a movie with James Gardner called, Support Your Local Sheriff. I stayed to watch the whole movie but most of the family went to bed. But those who stayed up enjoyed the movie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment