It is Thanksgiving! I have so much to be thankful for. We haven't had much money in our life but we have been blessed with much richer blessings. I only had 3 of my 9 children for Thanksgiving dinner today, but we very much enjoyed sitting around talking. I thought of all the great blessings that I have today, they are many. But most of all I appreciate my family their spouses and my grandchildren. K and T went to seminary on Tuesday, they came home with lists of what they were Thankful for. They mentioned so many things that I hadn't even thought of. It makes me so appreciative of them. Their lists were so long it was amazing. I was grateful to see their long lists. I know what good children they are because they appreciate so much.
I am especially thankful today for good food, for loving children, for a loving husband. To be in a nice warm house, with a warm bed to sleep in. With warm water to wash dishes in, bath in, and wash clothes in. I am grateful for the computer, the internet, the beautiful movies that are on the Hallmark channel this time of year. I am grateful for fresh water, for a stove to cook on, for a refrigerator to keep things cold, a nice home, I am thankful for brothers and sisters. I am appreciative of great parents who are concerned for me an my family. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ. I am grateful for a latter day prophet who inspires me with his words each month. I am just so grateful for this day and the wonderful day that it has been.
I had the opportunity of having one of my sister in laws come to my home today and tell me about her son. I love all my nieces and nephews. I hate the fact that some of them are struggling and I can't help. I go to the temple each week and put the struggling children on the prayer roll. I sometimes wonder what good I am doing. I wonder if I am helping in any way. Suddenly this sister in law tells me her son is doing some changing, not hugh steps, but little ones. He graduating from High School and I am sure, he hopes to go to college. That is an amazing thing. I was so touched. I could only thank my Father-in-Heaven. I guess our simple little prayers are heard even though we sometimes think they are not. I am so grateful for that experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment