Sunday, April 25, 2010

April 17th Saturday

Today is my girls prom, and I have had a rough day. I thought that I could have my girls dresses done by today if I worked all day long on them, but it ended out being night and I still didn't accomplish the task. As a matter of fact my children's dates were at the door waiting for them and I was still sewing. I guess the thing that was the hardest on me was that my children and their spouses were watching me at times, and at times just wanted to know when I would be done, at that point I didn't need that extra pressure. Well I got Tamara's dress done quickly and she was on her way, but poor Kimberly still was waiting. I had Emily helping me but I couldn't get anything done right. Well after about 45 minutes and after Tamara has called for the resturant a couple of times wanting to know if we were done yet, we finally finished. We quickly threw the dress on Kimberly and it didn't fit. Somehow putting the sleeves in caused the dress to be to small. Well Kimberly quickly threw a black dress on that Karalee had let her borrow for another dance. It wasn't a prom dress at all but she looked beautiful. I just cried when she left. I had failed her. She has worn other peoples dresses for all her dances and here she was again. I have made Tamara a new dress for the last 3 dances. Kimberly was let down. I guess I was also totally exhausted and my emotional state wasn't great either. I had worked so hard on that dress, so I started to cry when Frank walked into my bedroom. He said out of all the dresses you have made for all your girls one doesn't work out. You should feel proud. But once again how can you feel proud, when you have let your daughter down. But unfortunately it was a dress that we had to design on our own and they are always tricky. I am making Emily the exact same one for her Senior Recital, so I hope I won't fail on this one. One good thing is that I have done it once and I usually learn from my mistakes. I actually probably would have gotten the dresses done earlier if I hadn't been working on Emily's in between working on the prom dresses. But I do appreciate my husband and always willing to help me feel better.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Liz, what a hard thing. You do so much for your children - and hopefully they are grateful.
    Sorry it didn't work out the way you'd hoped. You are such a great mother and person and your expectations seem out of this world for yourself.
    It took me three small children to truly understand my parents, why they got so stressed out and did and said the things they did. It's taken four for me to begin to "turn into" them...haha, I appreciate everyone around me more. You will be so blessed for your selfless and willing heart! The Lord loves and is pleased with all your efforts and sacrifices.
    You are definitely one of a kind!

    ReplyDelete