Saturday, May 21, 2011

May 10th Tuesday

Today I did a Pasta Class at work. I felt kind of out of my element. I have always kneaded the dough for 8-10 minutes. This time I didn't do that and I suffered the consequences of that decision. I needed to let it set for 30 minutes which I didn't have time to do. So when I put the Pasta through the Pasta Machine it came out falling apart. I just kept putting it back through and after about 6 times it came out beautifully. But each time I put more pasta through the machine it was the same way and I had to put it through about 6 times. So I felt pretty bad about the whole class. But before I made this pasta I made pasta out of Kamut. I turned out beautifully. It was amazing and tasted just like normal pasta. I was excited. I made fetticini out of this pasta. Then of course I had the disaster, but all turned out well. I made a great salad out of that pasta. But I had a Lady from my class say don't you dare apologize, you just made us realize that it can be done. You persisted until you finally did it perfect. When we go home and make pasta, we will know that if we persist we can really do it. You had a super class. She said this is real life, it isn't on TV. This is a true to life class. She made me feel wonderful. I was glad the mistake was made by the time she got through. People can make our lives wonderful. We just need to tell them we appreciate them once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment