Tuesday, August 23, 2011
July 24th Sunday
I am so grateful today is Sunday. This day is such a special day for us because the pioneers settled in this land and brought about an amazing state to live in. We are so blessed to be here, to have temples so close. I and Frank can be at 4 different temples within 10-30 minutes. Who would have ever guessed that something so wonderful could have happened in our life time. So many of our ancestors gave up so much including their own lives to bring about the gospel of Jesus Christ and a place they could worship without being ridiculed. I can't believe how many saints built the Salt Lake temple and gave so much of themselves their time and talents, plus everything they owned. It is amazing to me because in our day people have a hard time giving things up, and these wonderful people gave up everything that they had. It took the saints 40 years to build that temple and I am sure many saints died while it was being built and never saw it completed before they left this earth. Our primary theme for this month is on temples. We had some amazing people come and tell us wonderful stories about some of the temples as well as there trek across the plains into the Salt Lake valley. It has been a great month and I have learned a lot. I am sure the children have as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment