Tuesday, August 23, 2011

July 25th Monday

I am so excited that my boss let us take this day off.  It is a Utah holiday so I didn't expect it, but he gave everyone the day off.  It is kind of like the 4th of July, we have fireworks and celebrations.  We celebrate some wonderful things.  We probably won't be here if it weren't for wonderful people that helped settle here.  We are grateful to our ancestors, they were a hard working, sacrificing people.  My grandparents came from Germany on a ship with 5 little children.  I am sure it was extremely tough for them.  When they arrived the first time they were sent back because their paper work was not correct.  They finally arrived in St John, New Brunswick Canada form Liverpool England in 1925.  I think of the sacrifice they made for my m other to be my mother and it is amazing to me.  I am ever so grateful for all they did for me and for their family, so that they could be here.  Because they were German, I am sure at times they were mistreated, and at times they felt like going back.  My grandmother never did see her family again, they disowned her because of her religion. All I can say is Thank-you for your sacrifice. We went over to Derricks home tonight to watch some fireworks that his neighbor was setting off.  I am grateful for the fireworks, they make the holiday a big celebrate and as far as I am concerned it certainly should be a big celebration on our part for thanks, to some amazing people.

No comments:

Post a Comment