Sunday, January 24, 2010

January 16th Saturday

I have spent quite some time lately helping my daughters with projects. Emily wanted me to help her with her love sac. The cover on it was nasty. We ran to the walmart and bought some nice fabric. Then she took her love sac all apart and we created a pattern. We salvaged the zipper. Then we made the new cover for the pillow. By the time we got done we had created a masterpiece. Unfortunately our masterpiece was a little to small for the pillow, so we needed some help to try and squeeze it in the pillow. With some strong muscle from my son Phillip we finally succeeded. A few stitches came out of the seam but we expected that. Phillip did succeed at getting it in its cover. It looks great. Emily and I were so proud of ourselves. It was a fun thing to just create something you can be proud of.

J and I also created a pattern for her really big pillows on her bed. I don't know what they are called but I do know that you can rest against them to watch TV, because they are so huge. J and I spent a whole day on the pattern for one pillow. But now that we have done one and it looks fantastic, the next 3 will be easy. I am just so happy that I can create patterns, and sew. That is a miracle in my life that I am extra happy about.

We attended our Stake Conference Adult meeting tonight. It was wonderful. I was happy to be their. We sat by J and DL. I am grateful to have the opportunity to attend Stake Conference. I loved the fact that a lot of what was talked about was the temple. It certainly is my place for peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment