Friday, February 18, 2011

February 11th Friday

We had a surprise visitor this morning, and I was in the middle of making tortilla's for the big dinner. I was shocked when I heard who it was. Linda Lytle our foster daughter, I haven't seen her for 15 years. She caused so much heartache in our family. But that is what you do when you can't ever tell the truth. I am sure that she said a lot of things to a lot of people that were lies, and I feel bad because these people knew us and they believed her. It was a very sad time in our lives because we were caring for her and tried to do everything for her. But I guess sometimes even your best isn't appreciated. She stayed with us for 6 months until we asked her to leave because she was causing such heart ache for us. Some of those who professed to be out friends still treat us bad. It is sad to think someone can do that to innocent peoples live. Even though Linda did a lot to destroy our family I have wanted nothing but the best for her. She seemed to be happy. She has been married about 10 years now and she has 4 children. 3 boys and a baby girl. She brought her along to meet us. We had an interesting conversation, but she never asked about LM, who was suppose to be her best friend and the one who convinced us to let her into our home. The conversation was mostly her talking, but it was good to hear she is doing good, I hope it continues and that she has changed for her husbands and childrens sake.

We went to the temple today, our favorite place to be. It is so good for us to be able to do the Lords work and feel the wonderful spirit in the temple.

I've been cooking a lot today. I made 90 totilla shells, and that is hard to do when my press doesn't work very well. I think it is just worn out. That makes me sad. I also made the big pot of beans today. They looked great.

No comments:

Post a Comment