LM has decided to go back home first thing in the morning. I am happy that she is not leaving today. Our meeting at church went wonderful today. Our primary meetings went wonderfully and we were able to attend Relief Society without any worry or concern. My husband ended out teaching one of the classes and I was very inspired by what he did. He taught some of the lesson it was on how the early prophets testified of Christ, they were possed the question who in our day testify of Christ. The class mentioned the prophet, his apostles. My husband told the children that they were going to walk around the church halls and ask people if they testified of Christ. The first person they came across was Sister Avery. They asked do you testify of Christ. She said, Absolutely I do. Then they asked how. She commented on a few things. In the way she raises her family. How her family tries to be obedient, reads the scriptures, say their prayers, trying to keep a good spirit in their home. Then they all said Thank-you and continued to walk on. They ran into a young man who was 22 from the Singles Ward and asked, "Do you testify of Christ?" He said, Yes I do. They asked how? He said, in the way I dress, in the way I act, in the way I conduct myself and in my speech. (I loved his comments they were probably the best words heard, meant with sincerity that a young man could say.)Then they headed down the hall towards the Stake offices. President Young was standing outside his office, he was busy going in his office with someone for an appointment so they talked to Bro. Bandley. They asked him the same question. He responded with of course I do. The children asked how and he said I am here in this office, I do what is required of me. I come to church and do my responsibility faithfully. I am here because I chose to be and I love my Savior. They left and headed down the hall towards the missionary plaques. Standing in front of the show case was Bro. Devonno. They asked him the same question. He answered with a strong, Yes I do. Then went on to ask each child their names and acted genuinely interested in each child, then explained how he testified of Christ. That brought the class in front of the missionaries and the class talked about each one of the missionaries testifying of Christ. Afterwards they headed back to the room. What a wonderful experience. Some of the children suspected that my husband had planned this all and set people at certain points, but it was all impromptu. What a great lesson and certainly a testimony to me. We all need to testify of Christ in everything we do. I guarantee we would live a life of extremely goodness if we did. I know this little lesson will certainly help me.
The lesson in Relief Society was wonderful, the presidency gave it and they all did a wonderful job. They are certainly all inspired wonderful women.
No comments:
Post a Comment