Thursday, July 15, 2010

Jully 13th Tuesday

Today we went to Marion to my Aunt Enid's funeral. Sierra insisted on coming with us. She wondered if this would be a long drive. I am sure she wondered if she was headed to Pittsburgh again. I assured her it was not. The funeral ended out being beautiful. Uncle spoke about her in her younger years. Apparently she was a pretty big tease. Then her children spoke about her and how sweet she was. Earlier Sierra had announced she bored, so Frank gave her a paper and pen to write on. Unfortunately the only thing he had for her to write on was the program for the funeral. There was a picture of my Aunt Enid in the program. Just about the time her children were announcing how sweet she was Sierra showed me Aunt Enid, and said well she isn't sweet any more. Her picture was all coloring in the red pen she had with some yellow marks through it. I couldn't help but laugh. Later all my brothers went up front to sing. Sierra said, " Who are those boys up there." I announced they were all my brothers. She said, "Well who are they singing too. " I said, to us. She said, "They aren't singing to that lady in the box?" (We had gone to the viewing earlier and she had seen her in her casket. And announced, I don't want to go back in that room again. With all the chuckles I had and all the wonderful cousins and family I hadn't seen in a long time it was a beautiful day. When we went to the grave sight Sierra had to inspect how far down that casket was going and watch every move. As we were pulling away she said, Grandma how can that lady breath down in the ground. We explained that she was dead and her spirit had gone to heaven that was only the body. As we drove farther down the canyon. She announced with all sincerity that she missed Grandpa Hairs sister. It made her so sad. She said I miss her soul. Of course then she said what is a soul. Frank explain that the soul was in the body when the body was alive, now she was a spirit. It was so fun going up and down the canyon and seeing such beauty, and being able to attend a beautiful funeral. But most of all the loved the tender sweet spirit of Sierra. I hate to see her leave in a few days, she brings such laughter in our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment