Mom called me over and wants me to fix a skirt. I worries me a little because when you cut elastic off the top of a skirt the skirt becomes bigger as it goes down from the waist. So it is going to look balky if I cut the elastic off and put it down farther. I just hope that once I am done it all works out.
I spent the morning working on fruit leather. It took me a long time. It is a lot of hard work and seems to be eaten so fast. I did 18 trays full. It is not an easy job because the apricots have a lot of blight on them. So you have to peel practically everyone. It has truly been a job. I do have a trampoline so it helps to get them dry fast. I can dry them in one day, if I get them out in the sun fast in the morning. I put honey in them so that they don't go brittle. Honey or corn syrup is what my daughter tells me to do. A little lemon as well. It is truly delicious.
I have done about trays so far this year that have already been eaten. Now I just did 18 more. But I feel great about accomplishing something worth while.
Jennifer took me to get my hair cut. The salon she has taken me to before, but this time I felt like I was in the den of iniquity. It was painful. I will never go back there again. I felt creepy the whole time that I was there. It will take me a while to get use to my hair, because it is short. It is especially short on top. I think the guy that cut my hair gave me a whole head full of bangs on the top. But I know hair grows so I will love it and make it work. It was sweet of Jennifer to take me to a salon.
No comments:
Post a Comment