Thursday, July 15, 2010

Wednesday 14th July

Today we have spent the inter day re-upholstering a couch. Of course it was Lisa's idea and she and Emily started riping the couch apart staple by staple. They did a great job. I cut out all the pieces and sewed the pieces that need to be sewn. Now I am trying to get the four cushions redone. Now that is a job. Especially when you have to piece it because you don't have enough material. But I am so grateful for Lisa and Emily and there feeling ambitious. So far it looks amazing. Of course we still have a few staples to put in it. Frank just kind of took over when I expressed some concern about a few places. I know that we shouldn't expect it to be perfect because it is our first time. But so far it looks wonderful. I used some old material that is black with some brown and white tiny flowers in it. It wouldn't have been my first choice. But it was free so it was worth the experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment