Today the flags are waving in the wind all around us. We need to remember this day because it was the day that our freedoms were invaded in 2001. It is sad to see our country bombed and thousands of people lose their lives at the hands of terrorists. I can't believe that the twin towers were bombed and that the Pentagon was bombed. I am so proud of the people on the plane that took action into their own hands and brought a plane down before it could bomb the White House. Because of their courage thousands of people were spared. They gave their lives for others and there is no greater cause than to lay down your life for someone else. Thank-you for being so courageous. It is a very sad thing when we are failing to be the people we need to be and let terrorist into our country to cause such havoc. I was so sad the day that it happened. I remember watching it all happen on the TV in disbelief. I had to be at work by 10:00 AM and as I sat at work listening to the radio suddenly I heard the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing patriotic songs and a talk from one of the General Authorities, so much peace came to me because I suddenly knew who was in charge. The miracle of those church leaders brought that back to my memory rather fast. I am so grateful for the knowledge that my Father in Heaven is in control of us all and when we need to be protected he will be there.
We had the privilege of being a part of Regional Conference this weekend. All the stakes in Utah and Weber counties were involved. We had the privilege of going to the adult meeting tonight. It was exceptional and we as a family greatly enjoyed it. President Young talked about free agency and freedoms. President Watts talked about "Obedience" President Hill talked about the 93 section of the D&C. Then we had a young womens president from one of the wards talk about conversion, her little daughter was ready to be baptised so she bought her a new white dress . on lineThe dress was a little immodest for and 8 year old and her daughter was very instant about it, she tried to fix it for her daughter. It still wasn't good enough, so they ended out buying a new one. The little girl felt wonderful and felt it a great blessing to be baptised a member of the church. She loved the spirit and the whole day. She said I often wondered how she would have felt in the other dress. She would have been pulling up on it and more concerned about her dress than the importance of that special day. The modesty that little girl felt has been a great blessing in her life. The things we can teach our children at an early age are so important. It was a wonderful meeting to be at. I loved it.
No comments:
Post a Comment