Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Wednesday September 15th

I was given a box of pears by a neighbor and I considered it a real blessing, because I wanted to do some fruit cocktail. I spent all morning doing 14 bottles of the fruit cocktail. It took my about 5 hours because I did it by myself. It takes a lot of time to do fruit cocktail anyway, but when you do it by yourself it is a drawn out process. But because I was so blessed to receive the fruit i rejoice in doing it. Sometimes days just seem to fly by and I don't get done what I need to get done. I use to think that I was so busy when I had little children. It isn't so. I could clean my house, put up fruit, sew and other things when I had little children. Now I consider myself really lucky when I can get some of those things done. Now that I think about it I realize that it is because I was running the whole time and found joy in it. Now I just don't have the energy to keep running.

My husband has accomplished a lot for me today. He fixed a leak in our bathroom and he fixed a washer and dryer to go down stairs, which will make my son happy. It took him all day to go over things in those machines, but I knew he could fix them and he did. Sometimes I know that he gets frustrated with me because I count on him to fix so many things. But he can do anything that he makes his mind up to do. He is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment