Today is another day of working hard at getting things done. I spent the day over at my mothers trying to get her tree up with the help of my husband and son. Once my family helped with the tree. I spent hours getting all the lights working. It was crazy. Tamara tried to help me. We actually finally go them going and left. I spent the afternoon collecting all the walnuts under the walnut tree and cleaning off all the skins. Some of them are so easy because they still have the green skin which the walnut is cradled in. But sometimes that skin has hardend on the walnut and that makes it difficult to get off. You have to take a knife and scrap it off. Then you have the ones that haven't hardened but aren't green anymore either. There skin is kind of a soggy tar looking stuff. It is pretty terrible to clean those off as well. But Kimberly helped me gather them and take the skins off. It was kind of a bonding time for us both. it was super great.
For supper I made Lisa's famous pumpkin muffins. I got the last two pumpkins off of the porch and made some more pumpkin. I took the pumpkin and made the muffins. They were delicious. We ate them with eggs and had some milk. They were delicious muffins. I got a bunch more pumbkin. I think I have 18 bags in all now.
No comments:
Post a Comment