Monday, November 1, 2010

October 30th Saturday

It is Halloween. Frank and I walked the mountain. It was a rainy day and yet warm. I knew if we could walk it at a certain time we would be OK. We made it with just a light sprinkle. At times it was a little cool, but it was refreshing to climb the mountain.

My daughter came over to make some drapes. I found it kind of interesting that she picked Halloween to make them, but I knew she would do most of the work, so I didn't mind. She did a fantastic job, I helped her with some advice and a little sewing but she pretty well did it on her own. I was proud of her. Her dear husband tried to make life exciting for the family. He got flashing lights and a few scary masks, sat at our front room window an put on a scary mask with a hatchet holding a scary head up next to the hatchet. Then played eerie music. Other members of the family were trying to record things so stayed hidden with scary attire on as well. It was interesting to watch people come to the door. Of course they all had to finally reassure them that everything was OK. I guess that is what happens when your children are older and no more trick or treating is done. At least they had fun and I guess that is what counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment