Monday, November 1, 2010

October 26th Tuesday

I can't believe it is already Halloween. Our ward Halloween party was tonight, but it was wet and rainy and I knew that I needed to get my carrots out of the ground and get them peeled, blanced and sliced, so I could put them in the freezer. It was such a beautiful morning so I pulled all of the carrots. Then I cut the greenery off the top of the carrots and brought them all into the house. I reminded beautiful while I was outside. I enjoyed doing it because it was cool and refreshing. After I got them all in the house I watched the large amounts of mud off of them. My shoes were caked with mud and my coat and gloves were black. Frank would have been right there to help me but he was busy helping my girls with their reports for school that they had to complete before school started in the afternoon. They had already written them they just need to be refined. I continued with the carrots. There were some interesting carrots that I pulled out of the garden. Carrots that had ground together and looked like triples, twins, horseshoes, a baby wrapped in a blanket, Mickey Mouse, and many other shapes. But all in all I got 28 quart bags by the time I was through. But it took me all day long and into the night. Frank helped at the end, cutting them up. But because of my craziness we never made it to the ward party. I feel bad about that one. But I was grateful for the plenty of carrots that we were able to grow. I was grateful for the blessing of the carrots. I thank the Lord for them, because I know that they were a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment