Monday, November 15, 2010

November 8th Monday

Today we went to a beautiful funeral. It was Sister Marilyn Ott. She was only 61 years old and had an aneurism. She has been in the hospital for 3 weeks but continued to have problems. One after another bleeding in the brain and brain damage. She was finally able to go home to that God who created her. She was such and incredible person. She served constantly. She was in the Primary Presidency up until a couple of months ago. Then she was put in the Relief Society Presidency. When she died she was serving her autistic son, her husband whom she drove everywhere because he is legally blind and our Relief Society. A lady to pattern our lives after. All of her 9 children spoke at her funeral of did a musical number. It was so fun to listen too. They all did a beautiful job. Her husband even got up and re sited a poem. It was a poem he had written. It was about being a Sam and serving quietly behind the scenes and not out front like Nephi was. But I believe that Marilyn served in a quiet dignified fashion, all the time. out front and behind the scenes she was a fantastic lady and loved by all. The church was truly packed with people who loved Marilyn. I know she went through a lot in the hospital because she did not look like Marilyn. Her face was swollen and battered. She had brusies on her face as well, and wore a brown wig because they had to shave her head to do all the surgery that they had to do. But we know that her spirit is gone and that in reality isn't really Marilyn. I want to be just like Marilyn someday. I hope and pray that I can achieve that.

No comments:

Post a Comment