It has been a day of busy work. I had Phillip shake the walnut tree. He didn't get them all off so Kim came out and got a ladder and started to hit the nuts with a stick. She did a great job. I know that there are still some on that tree but we will try to get them off the tree later. We got all we could off and then cleaned all the skins off again.
I decided after the cleaning of the nuts I needed to get the beets out of my garden. It was a little crazy. I pulled all the beets up, then I cut all the tops off of the beets. I brought them all inside, wash them and sorted them. I had three pans full. One pan was filled with little beets, medium and large. I cooked them all and then peeled them. I started with the little pan because there were so many beets in that pan. I guess I was kind of tired because my girls came home and wondered what I was doing. Kim jumped right in and started to help me. We got all the beets peeled, then I started to clean up the mess. Kim started to cut the beets. Soon Frank came in and took over the cutting of the beets. I had an appointment with the Bishop at 6:30 so I needed to hurry. I ran upstairs quick about 15 minutes after 6:00 got ready and headed out the door. I was overwhelmed with what the bishop wanted. He wanted me to be the Primary President. I thought my days in the Primary had passed. I just feel totally overwhelmed with this calling because I never thought I was President material. With this calling I will just need a lot of help from the Lord. I am searching for answers of who are to be my counselors and secretary. I just need the Lords help desperately. I just shake so bad when I get in front of people.
Kim and Tam just came in our bedroom and announced that Sister Ott had died. They found that information on facebook. I couldn't believe it. She is only 61 years old and she is gone. Her family needed her so much. She has a very autistic son who needs her, she has a husband who is legally blind whom she had to drive everywhere. She has a son in the mission field in Honduras. I am just so emotional tonight. But at the same time I know that the Lord knows all, and it was Sister Ott's time to leave this mortal life. She was a wonderful dedicated lady and loved the Lord so much. I know that the Lord will take care of the Ott family. I guess the calling I just received and hearing about Sister Ott, it has been a rough day.
No comments:
Post a Comment