We attended church with Nate and Lisa and then Lisa feed us. Then it was time to get back home. We hated to leave it has certainly been a rewarding couple of day. And as we left we knew we would miss everyone, but we had to get home. We were to celebrate Phillips birthday at Jennifer's. Everyone had prepared a meal and made a cake. So homeward bound we went.
I thoroughly enjoyed all of our meetings and was grateful to be at church on Sunday. Sacrament meeting was wonderful because Nate, Lisa and my little grand daughter were asked to speak in church. Sierra was suppose to be first but she just couldn't do it. So Lisa spoke first. She talked about being the best we can be and realize that a lot of times when we find fault with others it is because we are at fault ourselves. She talked about a friend in Pittsburgh that she had a problem with. So she continued to pray that she would change. It was given to her that she was the one that needed to change not the person she was having a problem with. When Lisa started to change she learned to love the person she had a problem with. After her beautiful talk which taught great principles it was Sierra's turn again. She started out beautifully but could not finish, she started to cry. She later told her Mom it was because she felt the spirit. I imagine she did because her talk told about her dear friends in Pittsburgh who lost their father in the line of duty and how she knew some day her friends would see their dad again because of our Savior Jesus Christ. Because he made that possible. I am sure it was very close to her heart. Nate spoke next and talked about how he had been guided and directed by the Lord through his life. He made it through his teenage years as a rock climber and had some amazing life experiences where he almost lost his life. He made it through dental school. He had to take his finally exams out west, and finished them a day early so he drove to visit family. While he was there he had kidney stones that put him in the emergency room. And he made it through all the testing befor this happen. He also said meeting Lisa was also directed by the Lord. It was good to hear him and how he counted all the blessings that have certainly been in his life. After Sacrament Meeting we attended Sunday School and Relief Society. The teacher talked about herself and how miracles have happened in her life through the priesthood. She told us she was beginning to hang our with some pretty bad friends and knew she needed to leave home. Her parents sent her to live with her Uncle who was a seminary teacher. She went to Davis High. She said I loved it and life was great. About 3 weeks after I arrived in Utah I got in a terrible car accident where my car rolled. I was air flighted to Primary Children's Hospital. I was told things were bad. I would need some major surgery and didn't even know if I would live. Among other things my pelvis had broken in 3 places. One of the pieces had slipped down. They didn't know if I would make it. But I would never have any children or be normal as far as getting around. But my uncle called a fellow seminary teacher who happen to be her seminary teacher to come and give me a blessing. After the blessing my uncle over heard the nurses and doctors talking in the hall. One of the doctors was a bit confused. He had just taken another X-ray for her to go in to surgery and things had changed. The new X-ray showed the pelvis totally back together. She said she was out of the hospital in 3 days with just a few bruises. It was a total miracle for her. She is now married and she was pregnant having had labor pains all night long before the lesson she gave. I know she had other children I just don't know how many. But she was a living miracle. I was so fun to be in Lisa's ward and know that she is surrounded by such wonderful people.
We had a great trip home. I was beautiful and the time just seemed to fly. We had a super supper and a great time with our children here. We are certainly blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment