We went to the temple again today. While I was there I felt like I couldn't keep my mind on the things that were being said that were important. I found myself getting irritated over little things. I felt as though I just accomplished something that could have been of benefit to me, but because of my attitude it wouldn't be. As I was walking out of the temple I felt like I had failed on this day. Then I was talking to my daughter Lisa and she said. Mom if you think about it for a minute it seems as though every time we try to do things that are right we are given the hard ships as well. If you think about it, in the scriptures you read about Nephi being told to go and get the brass plates, because they were important to Lehi's family. The were the geneology of his forefathers. He had trial after trial while there and then his own brothers took it upon them selves to smote Nephi and his brother with a rod. They were trying to do something good and were given something not so good. You think about Moses who was given a miracle to cross the red sea unharmed then suddenly the children of Israel the children of Israel start to murmur and cause all kinds of problems. Moses was doing something good. Think of Christ and his fasting for 40 days and 40 nights. He is tempted by Satan who says just eat this bread it won't hurt. Then Satan offers him the world. But the Savior tells Satan to get thee hence. The Savior was even tempted. It happens over and over again in the scripture. Mom you were trying to do good, of course you are going to have opposition. After her little talk I realized we all have struggles. We just need to keep doing that which is right, and the Lord will take care of us. I appreciated her advice. Sometimes your children can make everything right. Thanks, Lisa!!!!
Yesterday Emily decided to start walking with Colleen, she promised to pick her up each morning to walk and just start out slow, and walk a little more each day. We are worried about her. She just seems to continue to gain weight, when it isn't very healthy for her. I wish she could understand that we love her, and we wouldn't be so concerned about her if we didn't. So Emily went over to Colleens to walk with her, while Frank and I were at the temple. I forgot to tell her that she and Naje left to stay with some friends last night. But this morning Mom told me that they had packed everything, and had gone. So we don't know how long they will stay. I feel bad that they left.
Mom called today and told me that she had another job for me. A lady in our ward that is elderly needs her hair cut and a perm. I am a little apprenhensive about the whole thing. I am always afraid to cut and do peoples hair because I am afraid that they won't like it. So it worries me. I called her today, she wants me to come sometime next week.
Frank and I went out to check the sprinkling system for Jennifer tonight and picked up a perm for the elderly lady in our ward.
No comments:
Post a Comment