Monday, June 7, 2010
June 6th Sunday
It has been an incredible Sunday. Fast and Testimony Meeting was wonderful. I learned a lot from each individual testimony. A lady who is not from our ward but was visiting bore her testimony. She said that she reads C S Lewis because he has a lot of wonderful things to say. She said that she wishes she could quote him but could not so she would just paraphrase. He said that our bodies are like houses, we try to improve them the best we can, but God takes these houses and creates Palaces. And it is our responsibility to make each one around us understand their individual worth. I loved that. I know that I am one that needs to greatly improve on this. Our lives would be a whole lot happier if we constantly built each other up. Another gentlemen from our ward talked about fast meeting and fast offerings. He said through his honoring the fast and paying much more fast offerings, he has been able to leave his New York job and now works close by. He is making more money as well. Things are wonderful because of his choice to fast fully and double his fast offerings. It was another wonderful thing to hear. Everyone that spoke touched my heart, it was great. Then Sunday School was amazing. We talked about 1st Samuel and how Samuel was a prophet of God. He said to the Lord. "Speak, Lord; for they servant heareth. The teacher said he took this verse to heart and for one week after his evening prayers have ended he stays on his knee's and tells the Lord that he is listening and he will do whatever the Lord requires of him. He said, it has been miraculous and challenged us all to do the same. Then in Relief Society we talked about what following things the prophet has done has helped us in our lives. I loved every ones comments, but especially a ladies that I visit teach. She talked about our last prophet and going to his funeral. She said as she entered the room in which he was she felt totally different. The spirit was so wonderful and so strong. She knew that he was a prophet of God and the next prophet would be a prophet as well. I knew from what she said that we are so blessed to be guided by a prophet of God. We are certainly a blessed people and I am so grateful to be a member of "The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints." It is truly a miracle in my life. I am so grateful to my grandparents who traveled across seas to be with the saints after they became members. Because if it wasn't for them I would not be who I am today. Thank-you for the miracle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment