Wednesday, June 16, 2010

June 16th Wednesday

It have been outside today weeding the garden. I am a little saddened because I have very few carrots coming up, about 6 bean plants and about 6 spinach plants. The past two years this has happened. I can't imagine what is going on. I seem to have plenty of beets, but the other stuff is looking bad.

My husband found a bird hanging from our bird house today. I have been tending my two little grandchildren so we were watching from the window. It apparently had its little leg stuck on a string. We were concerned about it, but the parents seemed to take care of it. We planned to come out right after it flew to the ground and pick it up in a box, because its leg didn't look very well. The string may have been wrapped around its leg since it was born. Anyway we don't know if it went in the rose bushes or what it did, because my husband couldn't find it. But the parents were both around, so we weren't concerned. I am sure they were concerned enough. we as parents tend to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment