Monday, June 14, 2010

Sunday 13th June

It has been an absolutely exceptional day. We went to the Senior Citizen Center and it was amazing. I was blessed to be able to even play the piano. I hit a few notes wrong in two of the songs, but I played the last one wonderfully. Frank and Karalee both gave fantastic talks on the Lord orchestrating out lives and helping things to bring us to the points we are now. He talked about his parents living in Florida and how he was blessed to know that he needed to go on a mission. His parents moving from Florida to here so that he could meet me. Our marriage and the blessings that brought him to a testimony of tithing. The whole experience was amazing. We were living in Logan at the time. We had 4 children. We had run completely out of money. All we had was the money I had set aside for tithing. Frank being the father felt it more important to go and buy food. I felt it more important to pay tithing. So I ran the tithing across the street to the bishop. When I got back home. I told Frank that I wish we had some wheat so that I could make some bread. Suddenly the door bell rang and one of our neighbors was holding 2 loaves of bread. She said, I thought you could use some bread. We said thank-you. I took it to the kitchen and said, this is great but I wish we had some jam to go on it. The door bell rang once again. The bishops daughter was standing there holding a bottle of strawberry preserves. She said we made some jam and would like to know if you would like some. We thanked her and headed to the kitchen. I said this is wonderful but I wish we had something to wash it down with. Suddenly the door bell rang again. It was someone we didn't even know. He said he lived a few miles up the street. He wanted to know if we could use some milk, his cow over produced and he had 2 gallons of extra milk. A miracle indeed and we were all able to eat. It was fun to have that story brought back to my memory. Then the primary sang a beautiful song about Jesus. Karalee was the last speaker who talked about times in her life when she has felt as though her whole world had fallen apart, but the Lord was there for her every time. Because things worked out. The meeting was certainly uplifting. Then we headed to our building for Sunday school and relief society. Frank gave the lesson about Saul and talked a little about David and Goliath. It is amazing to me how much these stories are like our own lives and can help us to much if we really read them. Relief Society was about the life of the Savior. It was many stories about the Savior blessing peoples lives and how they crucified him, but later he was resurrected and came to the 12 tribes of Israel as well as the America's. The whole day was so spiritually up lifting. I loved it and am grateful that I was a part of it.

We had family dinner. It was burritos. They were incredible with pulled pork, rice, black beans, guacamole, cilantro dressing, salsa and cheese on fresh made tortilla's. Then we just sat around and had a family discussion. It was a perfect Sabbath day.

No comments:

Post a Comment