I and my husband walked the mountain this evening. It was a beautiful walk and I really enjoyed it. We had to hurry because the girls needed to be picked up at school. I only wish that I would have taken my camera. There were some beautiful pictures I could have taken. I will certainly take it the next time we walk. I am just so glad that we went.
We rented a movie tonight. We have clear play which takes out all the swearing and objectionable scenes. It is "Robin Hood". I really liked it. I have heard some controversy about it, but I loved it.
It has been an uneasy night. Mom C. called and Dad needed to be rushed to the hospital. He felt like he was going through a mini-stoke again. He has experienced it before so he was pretty sure it was happening again and he wanted to ward it off. So Frank picked up his parents and ran them to the hospital. They started with a CAT scan, a chest x-ray, blood tests every test you can imagine and determined that he just had an interear infection. So they were going to release him as soon as they got a urine sample. The nurse gave him a bed pan, but my husband could tell he wasn't comfortable with that. So he said he would take him to the restroom. All seemed fine for a few minutes, until Dad just couldn't remember anything. He didn't act like himself at all and started to do things out of the ordinary, couldn't stand up his words were garbled. He was not himself. Frank put him back in the wheel chair and yelled for the doctor. Frank said he did not look like himself at all, he looked like a person that was on deaths door. My husband was plenty concerned. The doctor showed up and said this is not the same man that came here earlier. Earlier Dad was joking with the nurses and had a great time in the hospital. He can be so fun and funny. Well the doctor took him for an MRI, while the doctor had him, Frank called me and said it doesn't look good at all, He asked me to get one of his sons to come to the hospital quickly. I could tell he was really concerned. Things were not good and Dad needed a blessing. I sent my oldest son even though I had to get him out of bed. He ran right down. I am sure he was there for a few hours until his grandfather came back. But they ended out giving a blessing right after the MRI. The nurses came in and told my husband that his father had an anurism and was bleeding in the brain. That is when my mother in law feel apart. This was about 4 in the morning. So my husband called his sister and told her to meet them at the hospital. Mom needed her. They needed to transfer Dad to another hospital to be operated on immediately. So my husband told his sister to meet them there. After the nurses had been in and left. The doctor came in and said he has had a stoke then he went out and got really upset at the nurses for scaring the family. My husband said don't get upset at them just tell us what is going on. The doctor said, the blood clot in the brain is about 3/4 of an inch, we could have administered a drug that actually explodes the blood clot, but it had to happen 3 hours after the the stroke and it has been 5 hours. So they decided to go do another CAT scan to pinpoint where the blood clot was. They also put blue dye into his brain. After they got back the X-ray could not be read because it was 4 in the morning and everyone had gone home. So they send the x-rays to Australia. Then if Australia has an emergency they send their x-rays to us. Because they have day when we have night. They tried to explain the urgency in it. So they were calling every 5 minutes. If they could pinpoint where the blood clot was they could still administering the drug they would just have to go up through the arm the neck and into the brain. It was suppose to be administered with in 6 hours and it had already been 6 and a half hours. But there was a doctor that was willing to do it. The x-rays came back and and they couldn't pinpoint where the blood clot was, they couldn't find it. A miracle! So they took Dad to the ICU and said we are just going to let things play out. He was taken to the ICU and the doctor started to poke at him and he could feel it all. The doctor yelled at Dad. Suddenly he was responding. He was actually moving instead of flailing around. (That is the biggest reason my husband was by his side the whole time, is because of him flailing around he was afraid he would hurt himself.) So he had to hold his hand and keep him safe. He even had to go to the last CAT scan with him to help hold him down. He just didn't know what he was doing. At any rate he started coming out of it. He could actually control himself and speak. It was slow speech but it was understandable. The doctor asked how my fingers he was holding up? Where he was? What was his name? He could answer all the questions just slower. He was doing so much better. Soon my husband and his mother decided to go home and get some rest. But before they left the doctor asked if he had a " living will" at the hospital. Mom said, "yes it is on file". He said can you just tell me if he turns worse am I suppose to revive him. She said, "No let him pass". The night was hard on Mom but yet she was strong. Anyway they arrived home at 5:30 A.M. I am grateful for the power of the Preisthood and that my son and husband hold that Preisthood. The power to act in God's name. I am so grateful that my father in law has improved. An answer to prayer for sure. I am so grateful they were not allowed to administer the drug because it can cause a person to be in a vegetarian state or even worse death. Certainly a miracle happened tonight, the Lord was in charge. The hospital that my parents in law were at finally got a hold of Franks sister and her husband. They were there most of the night giving support.
No comments:
Post a Comment