Friday, October 1, 2010

Sunday September 26th

It is our anniversary today. It was a great day, we had the opportunity to listen to the Welkers at Sacrament Meeting. They talked about how we as members of the church need to prepare ourselves for conference next week. They did an amazing job. Frank gave the lesson in Sunday School, It was on the first 5 chapters of Isaiah. I listening intently as the chapters were related to our day and age. It is scarey to think of how quickly the world is changed for the worst and how we need to be on guard against Satan. Our homes certainly need to be a safe haven for our families. Relief Society was about being a good mother. It was so wonderful. I know that the calling of a mother is one of the greatest callings for all of us. We are so grateful for that great blessing in our lives.

We all got together as a family and enjoyed dinner. Emily was in charge and the meal was chinese. Everyone brought a main dish. It was so much to eat. That kind of a meal probably will not happen again, because everyone worked hard at it. I also made a peach dessert with ice cream for my husband because it was our anniversary. I am afraid that was all we got to do for our anniversary was enjoy peach cobbler. It is our 35 anniversary, I wish we could have done more. Each year things are going to get better, but unfortunately they are the same this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment