Monday, October 18, 2010

October 7th Thursday

We had some shocking news today and some amazing news. My nephew is up in arms about President Packers talk. It is sad what I read on his facebook page. I understand that he is gay. I know it is not easy for him, but getting drunk and bashing the church leadership doesn't help. He says President Packer is wrong and will cause more guys to commit suicide. Apparently their have been a lot of gays commiting suicide lately. Gays are comitting suicide because they aren't happy with themselves. President Packer isn't causing them to commit suicide. We all have things in our life that we are sad about or wish were different. I have a sister who is handicapped. She wishes so much that she could walk, run, dance, iceskate. So many things that we take for granted. But she lives with the fact that she is handicapped. It isn't the life she would want for anyone, but it is her life and she has learned to make the best of it. She was teased an tormented all her school days and she still gets stares that could break a camels back. The same with the gays. I know that their life isn't easy, they are shunned by many, they probably think like my sister, they wish they could change things, and make things a little easier for themselves. But that can't happen. Just like my sister can't walk. If they happen to be members of the church they can pray, fast and receive help through the priesthood. We all have trials in different ways. But we can receive help. I know we can. I have seen that help come many times in my life.

Sierra called and said they were on their way to visit us. I can't believe it. We are so lucky and blessed to receive a visit from our daughter and her husband, and of course our special grand children. We are super excited and cant wait until they arrive. The arrival time will be about midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment