Tuesday, December 15, 2009
December 12th
It has been a crazy day. I feel so blessed because inspite of my lack of inspiration we were truly blessed. We headed to Logan for my nieces wedding. It was later than we expected to get out because my girls had to take the ACT test in the morning. We got out at 12:00 rather than an hour earlier. The wedding was suppose to start at 2:15 , so we figured if we picked up the girls from the High School we could make it easy. Here is where our problem began. In the first place the freeway was closed about half way there, so we had to take an alternate route. It ended out taking us a half hour out of our way and the traffic was backed up with people trying to get back on the freeway, but we figured we could still make it. Then it started to snow heavy. Soon we were seeing cars off of the road because it became so slick. We were concerned. My husband said, I think we should go back, we have missed the wedding anyway. My older daughter confirmed that she felt the same way. So we turned around to head home. I got a little silent. My husband said " I am getting the feeling that you don't feel the same. I said to him. "With the snow and everything else you are making the right choice," so we kept on traveling. We turned around in Ogden. We got to about Bountiful and my husband pulled of the freeway again. He said, "I am getting the feeling that you want to go back." I said, "Well I never really felt bad about going". That was where my first mistake came. So he took the next exit and we headed back to Logan. It was plenty slick, and Sardine Canyon was the worst. But we finally made it. We went to the Luncheon. It was super, the food was good. I took 3 of my girls. There were so many empty spaces that it was a good thing that I did. A lot of the family didn't come because of the weather. My sister was so grateful that we had shown up to support them. We eat, then a few words were said. We congratulated my niece and her new husband, then headed out to the car. We were planning on staying at my husbands brothers house for the night. It was my nephews farewell the next day, he is headed on his mission. So we went out to the car. We turned it on and the car wouldn't move. We would try to excelerate, but all the car would do is go about 8 miles an hour. It was idling that fast. One of my brothers lived about 10 minutes away. He has a repair shop. So we idled to the shop. It was a nice warm place to work on the car. My brother was great, but he and my husband checked everything and couldn't see a reason for the car not to work. By then it wouldn't even start. So we left the car after a while and went to my husbands brothers house to spend the night. We knew we needed to worry about the car the next day. It was getting really late. My miracle for this crazy day, was that we made it to our destination in safety. The road's were so slick and it never stopped snowing. The snow was beautiful and made all the Christmas lights on the houses so beautiful. It was so enchanting to look at it all. I was grateful to be there. The next miracle was that we had a beautiful warm house to stay in. One that would keep us safe from the elements. And some wonderful company to be with. It was wonderful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment