It has been a great day. We have been out at my brothers house working on putting tile in his kitchen. They didn't have enough granite to put up for the back splash, so he went and bought a sort of tile. I think it is sand stone. Anyway it is 2 inches by 2 inches and the little squares are held by nylon mesh to form a foot. It sounds pretty easy to put it up. But because it is tiny squares they try to move together so we needed a lot of spacers. Plus we had to cut a lot of little pieces 3 or 4 times to make everything fit. Very tedious work. But it is work and we loved it. My brother informed me that he and someone else who wants to remain anonymous wanted to pay 1 of our mortgage payments so it didn't go into foreclosure. I feel bad that anyone has to do that for us. But I count it as a great blessing. Frank and I got busy and worked until a little after 9 at night, so the mortgage payment was kind of forgotten.
Another amazing miracle happened today. My daughter put 50 dollars into my account. The question is does she need it more than I do I can't answer that. But she is amazing to do that. And it was another miracle.
My husband has been fasting for 3 days. So he ended his fast tonight at 5 PM. He worked all day long with no energy at all. I was plenty worried about him. Because doing tile isn't an easy job. I told him fasting 24 hours is efficient enough. He said, "No it isn't I have committed to the Lord to do this." I said, "Why?" "It isn't smart." He said, "Do you remember the story of Ester in the Bible. Ahasuerus, king of Persia had divorced his queen. Ester adopted daughter of Mortecai the Jew was chosen to be her successor. Haman chief man of the Kings court hated Mordecai. Haman obtained a decree to have all the Jews killed so he came to Ester and asked her to plead with the king to spare the lives of the Jews. It was against everything for her to do this. She could be killed for approaching the king without being asked to come. If she went before the King she would have to reveal her own nationality and get the decree to be reversed. But she told her Uncle that if all of the Jews would fast with her for 3 days, she would approach the king, and with the Lord's help their lives would be spared. And because of their faith and fasting they were all spared. Frank says I need to do this because right now my family is in serious trouble. So I can do the same for my family that Ester did for her people. Besides I have so many blessing that I need to thank the Lord, I just need to do this." He is an amazing husband and Father.
No comments:
Post a Comment