Tuesday, December 22, 2009

December 20th

I wonderful Sunday as usual. We had a great Christmas program. K and T sand in the choir with me. Everyone commented on how beautiful it was. We sang 3 songs. We had a wonderful speaker and sang a few hymns as a congregation. The bishop closed with a few words. It was a wonderful Sabbath day. My husband gave a great Sunday school lesson, which was on all of us striving to be a more Zion people. It was great. For Relief Society we talked about Joseph Smith and some of his Christmas's, also talked about a lot of different prophet's testimonies concerning Joseph Smith. It was a wonderful lesson. It brought tears to my eyes.

Dinner was already made, because my husband had made it last night, but we went to the neighborhood party. So we ate there. It made my day pretty easy today and I am grateful for that.

Tonight we attended a Stake musical fireside. Once again we sang as a ward choir. The meeting was wonderful. Many groups sang and some individuals. The meeting ended with Brother Hill speaking, he is a member of our Stake Presidency. He did a wonderful job. He talked about the birth of Christ and his mission. It was very uplifting. Right after the meeting we had tithing settlement, in that meeting the bishop asked that I and my husband stay after for a few minutes. He presented us a check for $200.00 and told us someone knew we needed help in the ward and they wanted us to have a little something for Christmas. I cried, I couldn't believe that something like that could happen. It was truly a miracle from the Lord. Once again we are being watched out for.

No comments:

Post a Comment