Tuesday, December 29, 2009

December 28th Monday

It is Monday. It has been a cold day once again. My grandchildren would like to be outside riding their scooters that they received from Santa, but the weather doesn't permit that, so they are riding around in my home. The only problem is that we have renters in the basement. Riding those scooters across the kitchen floor can be rather noisey and there is a baby in the basement sleeping. That makes it difficult for my grandchildren, because I am continually asking them to stay out of the kitchen. Sometimes I think that they think their grandmother is just plain mean. But my son is the one that lives in the basement and I have a grandchild down there as well. I guess in a way you would say I am in a no win situation. I try not to get to upset, I know that all of my grandchildren are special to me. Sometimes I try to get them to do other things, so they can get their minds off their scooters, but sometimes those scooters are just to inviting to a child. And sometimes it is just fun to watch them ride around. We know that by tomorrow those scooters with be gone, we will miss them. With the scooters going that means our grandchildren are going. And that doesn't sound good at all. So the day will go as normal with some joyous children riding around, then tomorrow there will be silence. So we are grateful for the miracle of scooters.

No comments:

Post a Comment