Kimberly still has the stomach flue. I feel bad for her, it certain isn't a fun flue to have. So she stayed home from the Saturday evening session of Conference. I went but had a hard time sitting there, especially towards the end. But it was a fantastic Conference and I am glad that I went. We had a visiting Quorum of the Seventy speak to us. He and his wife. There name was Brother and Sister Karren. He is from England and had a very strong accent. The whole Conference was incredible and I loved listening to everyone speak. Sister Jones spoke about virtue and about us living by that principle. Apparently those ladies who completed the the virtue value received a gold scarf or if the men completed it they wore a gold tie. I had completed it with Kimberly and Tamara just before they started this so I just started over on the Book of Mormon, but this time I didn't get quit done because I have been so sick for the last 3 weeks. I could have gotten the scarf because I completed it with Kimberly and Tamara but I never reported that I had already done it. I feel kind of bad about that because the scarfs were beautiful, but the Lord knows that I completed it.
Sister Summerfelt was called out of the audience to bare her testimony. She did a beautiful job. I think about the last time that I spoke and how shaky I was. Can I ever be as incredible as these wonderful ladies were tonight, I hope and pray so. I don't want to be so shaky the rest of my life. I love to speak when the subject I have can be so important. I want to go on a mission some day. I just pray for a miracle to happen for me that I can get over this. At any rate Sister Karren probably touched my heart the most because she talked about how important we are to our Father In Heaven. He loves us each individually. When we go and do work in the temple for dead we can only do that work for one person at a time. When we are baptized we do it for one person and that is ourselves. When men receive the priesthood they can only do it for themselves. No matter what we do it is for one person. When we partake of the sacrament it is for one person that is ourselves. The Lord loves us so much that He wants each one person to be recognized as that one person. I am so grateful that He loves us individually and recognizes us individually. He hears our prayers individually and answers them individually. I think that was good for me to hear, because sometimes I feel like the little things I ask for in my prayers may not be as important as someone elses. I realized through that talk that the Lord cares about us so much even those little things that are so important to us. I loved the Conference and wish that I could remember it all, because it was amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment